Thursday, July 25, 2013

Getting ready..

25/07/2013

Samoa, being the first place for me to go by myself, I believe is the right place to go too.

Getting all the things together is proving kinda tricky, not because it's hard to pack, but because it's so hard to decide what to take. That's when I wonder whether taking "nothing" isn't easier?
I guess it is easier, until you have to walk real far because I have no bicycle, until you current clothes are dirty, or you want to brush your teeth, or you want to take a photo.... mmm, no... It is better to take as much "handy" stuff as you can without overloading.

I love handy stuff, tools, equipment... one of the things that sets us apart from animals. I often feel like I am "not human", like I'm stuck in this planet of "filth" and that I do not belong here and that I'll one day leave. -That said, I do really like my "tools"... so I guess I'm pretty human :-)

Here's a "short" list of what I am taking for a two month stay:
- My Bicycle with tools, pump, patches and bicycle cable lock
- Camera, camcorder, mobile phone, chargers and batteries
- Laptop and it's accessories
- MP3 Player & earphones
- Torches x2
- Folding fishing rod, reel, hooks, sinkers and some artificial bait
- 7x Shirts, 7x Shorts, 7x undies, rain jacket, 4x socks, flip-flops &diving goggles
- Allergy pills, painkillers, multi vitamins, disinfectant, anti fungal cream and disprin
-  Insect repellent


No comments:

Post a Comment